Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Jordan River

This is an actual picture of the Jordan River, I know this may not be the exact spot that Jesus was baptized at, but just to see this picture makes my heart leap.  I look at this picture and imagine my Savior standing in this river being baptized, to see the place that many years ago my God robed in flesh walked and imprinted His footprints in that soil. I know it may sound funny, but to see a real life picture of the Jordan River made my Jesus more real to me. No one will ever know what Jesus has done for me, the deep love I feel for him. I struggle day to day as everyone else, but I never want to walk my life's path alone without my God again.

Matthew 3:13-167(KJV)
Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. But John forbade him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness. Then he suffered him. And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him.And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment